A) CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER
- Concentrate on your exercise make any mistakes.
- You have to wake up be on time.
- You have to register participate in the forum.
- She left work early be at home when he arrives.
- Ships carry life boats the crew can escape when the ship sinks.
- I will go to university continue my studies
- He exercises regularly be overweight.
- you can produce a good essay, you need to edit your writing before you hand it in.
- She works hard she can earn a living.
- These men risk their lives we can live more safely.
B) CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER
C. REWRITE JOINING THE SENTENCES WITH THE WORDS GIVEN
- She didn’t answer the phone. She didn’t want to have a talk to anyone. (so as to)
- He always kept a spare tyre in his car. He was afraid of having a flat tyre. (in case)
- He is saving all his money. He intends to buy a house. (aim)
- Mary wrote a shopping list. She didn’t want her husband to forget something. (so that)
- When we went to Africa we had injections. We didn’t want to get malaria. (prevent)
- He bought a computer. He intends to work from home. (view)
- Take a book. You may get bored. (in case)
- I told him the truth. I didn’t want him to have a bad impression of me. (so that)