Fill in with the correct form of would rather, had better, would prefer, prefer
1. Really, I'd rather _______________________ (not/tell) what I think about his last novel, he got really upset.
- I’d rather go for a walk______________________ have a rest.
- The teacher would rather we________________ (not bring) the dictionary to the exam tomorrow.
- Betty had better__________________ (drive) carefully, she has already crashed two cars.
- Peter would prefer _________________ (go) on the beach rather than climb mountains.
- Generally, I'd rather__________________ (not show) my feelings in front of other people.
- Shall we go out for dinner tonight? ~ No, I'd rather we ______________________ (eat) at home, if you don't mind.
- He prefers ______________________ (send) emails once in a while ____________ talking on the phone all the time.
- My mother would rather we _____________ (catch) the bus, than walk home after the party.
- My parents would rather I ________________________ (choose) another profession. They didn’t like I became an air hostess.